- 1970 document sheds light on the housing crisis in Grand Rapids and the lack of political will to solve it
- Days of Our Lies: Public Access TV show provided independent news and news analysis in Grand Rapids from 1992 – 1998
- 56 years ago what did the GR Press report on Malcolm X’s suspension from the Nation of Islam over comments on President Kennedy’s death?
- A History of Anarchism in Grand Rapids
- Newly archived Labor Press available at the Grand Rapids Public Library
Tag Archives: police violence in Grand Rapids
We have made nearly a dozen posts about the 1967 riot in Grand Rapids in the past several years. Some of these posts have focused on media coverage of the riot, some on internal documents and some of the posts … Continue reading
There is ample evidence that African Americans in Grand Rapids have always been the target of intimidation, harassment and violence from law enforcement. This history plagues the black community today, with recent incidents of police traumatizing black youth who were … Continue reading