- 50 years after the 1967 Riot in Grand Rapids: What we know and what can we learn?
- WOOD TV 8 footage of the 1967 Riot in Grand Rapids
- A Retrospective on the 1967 Riot in Grand Rapids, Twenty Years Afterwards: From the Grand Rapids Press
- 3000 march in Grand Rapids after Birmingham Church Bombing – 1963
- The Mustache Affair in Grand Rapids, as reported on by the Commercial Media in 1966
Category Archives: Feminist Movement
Emma Goldman once referred to Voltairine De Cleyre as, “The most gifted and brilliant anarchist woman America ever produced.” Voltairine De Cleyre was born in Michigan in 1866 and was named after the French Enlightenment writer Voltaire. She grew up … Continue reading
This article is part of a larger project that will look at the various feminist movements in Grand Rapids. We are grateful for the following information that came to us by the late Karen Henry, a co-founder of the Womyn’s … Continue reading