- Days of Our Lies: Public Access TV show provided independent news and news analysis in Grand Rapids from 1992 – 1998
- 56 years ago what did the GR Press report on Malcolm X’s suspension from the Nation of Islam over comments on President Kennedy’s death?
- A History of Anarchism in Grand Rapids
- Newly archived Labor Press available at the Grand Rapids Public Library
- How the press reported on an 1891 Labor Strike in Grand Rapids
Tag Archives: racial tensions in Grand Rapids
Last week, we posted Part I of a look at the Human Relations Commission and the racial tensions of the 1960s. In Part II, we want to look at the racial tensions that was known to the Human Rights Commission … Continue reading
The Human Relations Commission (HRC) in Grand Rapids was created based on a study that was called for by then Grand Rapids Mayor Paul Goebel. This commission was established to, “foster mutual understanding and respect among all racial, religious and … Continue reading