- Just after the Depression years, the Grand Rapids City Government provided direct relief and created a public works project for those unemployed
- Some examples of the conditions for blacks in Grand Rapids and what types of discrimination blacks faced on a daily basis in the early part of the 20th Century
- “Maybe America has forgotten how smoke smells”: The state of Black Grand Rapids from the perspective of Paul I Phillips in the mid-1970s
- African Americans from Grand Rapids who were part of the US Civil War
- 1970 document sheds light on the housing crisis in Grand Rapids and the lack of political will to solve it
Tag Archives: Charles Sligh Jr.
In recent decades it has become common knowledge that Grand Rapids is home to businesses and organizations that promote the idea that capitalism and christianity are good bedfellows. The poster-child for such a belief would have to be the founders … Continue reading