- “Maybe America has forgotten how smoke smells”: The state of Black Grand Rapids from the perspective of Paul I Phillips in the mid-1970s
- African Americans from Grand Rapids who were part of the US Civil War
- 1970 document sheds light on the housing crisis in Grand Rapids and the lack of political will to solve it
- Days of Our Lies: Public Access TV show provided independent news and news analysis in Grand Rapids from 1992 – 1998
- 56 years ago what did the GR Press report on Malcolm X’s suspension from the Nation of Islam over comments on President Kennedy’s death?
Tag Archives: Grand Rapids Sanctuary for Central American Refugees
This is the second story dealing with the Central American Sanctuary Movement that existed in Grand Rapids. The first story provided an overview of the Grand Rapids Movement. There was limited news coverage of the Grand Rapids Sanctuary house, which … Continue reading
(This article is part of a larger project about the Grand Rapids Central American Sanctuary Project. As a matter of full disclosure, this writer was part of that effort.) In the late 1970s and 1980s, US funded counter-insurgency wars were … Continue reading