- During the Depression, the Grand Rapids City Government provided direct relief and created a public works project for those unemployed
- Some examples of the conditions for blacks in Grand Rapids and what types of discrimination blacks faced on a daily basis in the early part of the 20th Century
- “Maybe America has forgotten how smoke smells”: The state of Black Grand Rapids from the perspective of Paul I Phillips in the mid-1970s
- African Americans from Grand Rapids who were part of the US Civil War
- 1970 document sheds light on the housing crisis in Grand Rapids and the lack of political will to solve it
Tag Archives: managerial racism
What kind of response did a Grand Rapids CRC Pastor get from the Prime Minister of South Africa in 1954 when asking about the system of Apartheid?
Since December of 2014, we have been engaged in research on the movement in Grand Rapids to end the system of Apartheid in South Africa. Like most of the international anti-Apartheid movement, Grand Rapids engaged in education, confronting government and … Continue reading